CONSTRUCTION CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT
The profitability of work performed under a construction contract is determined
as much by the way the contract is managed as it is by the way the work is performed.
One of the most effective ways of increasing profitability is to improve construction
David Ross Associates has developed the following programs to meet the needs of
clients in strengthening their management of construction contracts, changes,
delays and claims. These programs draw upon our extensive experience
in construction management, contract management, and claims resolution to provide
clients with specific and practical recommendations that meet the particular needs
of the construction project.
CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT FIELD MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- Helps clients strengthen contract management, administer changes and control
- DRA recommendations result in improved field-generated documentation and field
- Specialized training programs for field/office personnel to familiarize
the staff with the procedures which are best suited to that project
- Achieves improved control, accountability and claims prevention
- Specialized training programs for owners, architects, engineers, and
contractors that address each one's unique concerns on a project
- Presents a practical, multi-disciplined approach that provides clients
with useful tools, information, and added insight to manage their contracts
- Tailored to each client's and project's special needs
- Teaches personnel how to review the contract, how to establish required
actions and responsibilities, how to generate and control field-originated
correspondence and reports, how to utilize field meetings, and how
to manage changes, delays, proposals, and amendments
CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT OPERATIONS REVIEW PROGRAM
Our review program is based on a multi-disciplined approach
and long-established, proven techniques to increase control, enhance profits, and
improve the client's overall position in the contract. Our program is carefully
tailored to meet the needs, objectives, and structure of our client's organization.
The program assesses the effectiveness of the operation's performance, policies,
procedures, organization, personnel, preparation, training, reporting, and review
David Ross Associates performs its review of the contract operation in five phases:
- Performance of preliminary survey to become familiar with the operation,
to identify the client's objectives, and to define the review program and schedule.
- Development of a detailed review program plan with client participation
to assure that the review is tailored to the organization and objectives.
- Performance of field work. Our construction experts visit
project offices and/or job sites to observe the contract administration operation
and to evaluate the operation against the defined criteria and objectives.
- We discuss findings and recommendations with appropriate
supervisors in affected operations.
- We issue a report on the survey scope, our opinions, findings,
and specific recommendations to strengthen the client's operation.